Solved: Do I reduce the percentage of deductible interest on my refinanced mortgage, if I increased the new loan to pay off non-house related debt?

Do I reduce the percentage of deductible interest on my refinanced mortgage, if I increased the new loan to pay off non-house related debt?

The increased refinanced mortgage exceeds the $100,000 allowable deducation.

Yes, reduce the mortgage amount by the % that would be allowed. Ex: New loan amount is $140,000. You can deduct $100,000/$140,000 (71%) of the interest amount.