turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I qualify for stimulus check. Sale of property puts me over limit. Actual earned income qualifiers me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do I qualify for stimulus check. Sale of property puts me over limit. Actual earned income qualifiers me

If you did not qualify for the ADVANCE of the 2020 credit  using the 2019 income then you will need to wait until you file the 2020 return to get the credit.  

Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes, but you'll have to wait til next year.

"In essence, the stimulus check acts as an advance of your 2020 income tax refund. This means when you prepare your 2020 income tax return, there will be a line to include the section 6428 credit. The credit on your 2020 return is subtracted by any amount received as a stimulus check in 2020. If the amount you received as a stimulus check is less than the credit you are due, the difference will be included as part of your 2020 refund. If you have been overpaid by receiving the stimulus check, however, you will not be required to return any excess amount".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies