Solved: Do I need another software for 1099- Misc deductions if I already have home and office?

tkuhn

Do I need another software for 1099- Misc deductions if I already have home and office?

IF I have turbo tax home and business already (and have most of my taxes completed in home and business) - can I upgrade to self employment software if I have 1099-misc deductions to add- or do I need to purchase the new software for another $114 and start over?

DS30

No, TurboTax Home and Business is the desktop version of TurboTax Self-Employed Online. Therefore, you already have the most comprehensive version of TurboTax available.

To enter expenses related to your 1099-MISC income, you will need to input these expenses under the business income and expenses section. Just make sure that you link your 1099-MISC to your business expenses (screenshot)

Please refer to this IRS link for more information about Business Expenses

To enter business income and expenses, once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return"), type "Schedule C" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule C".

DS30