Solved: Do I have to file a schedule A even if I plan to take the standard deduction due to getting a larger refund?

rsmith403

Do I have to file a schedule A even if I plan to take the standard deduction due to getting a larger refund?

Trying to save money on tax prep costs and don't want to pay for schedule A if I won't be using that info for a better return.

AnnetteB

No, you are not required to enter any expenses that can be used as possible itemized deductions. 

You are only required to report all of your income for the year.  Simply do not enter any of those deduction items and you will use the standard deduction. 

AnnetteB