Al255

Disclosure form: "If you consent to the disclosure . . .Federal law may not protect your tax return info from further use of distribution." What does that mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hoppy012

I found this.  I hope it helps.  I really never thought about the possible ramifications of signing the consent form. In any event, this is what I found.  "The consent form is just to be offered certain services later, like getting your refund on a card or paying your fees with your refund.  It may seem silly, but Turbotax can't offer you those services unless you officially give it permission to "know" about your tax refund status.  Otherwise, your tax return info is considered private."