Didnt check box

Bradp88

Didnt check box

Hey I didn't check the 2 yes no boxes in the child credit section of my return what should I do I read that it can cause a delay in processing my return

VictoriaD75

Didnt check box

Are you referring to the child tax credit? What boxes are you referring to? Refundable credits, such as earned income credit or the additional child tax credit, may delay the processing of your refund for extra due diligence required under the PATH Act.

The Child Tax Credit is available for each qualifying child under the age of 17. The Child Tax Credit is valued at $2,000 per qualifying child. However, in the tax year that a child turns 17, they no longer qualify for this credit and may, instead, qualify for the Credit for Other Dependents, which is valued at $500 per qualifying dependent. The Child Tax Credit itself may be nonrefundable first (reducing your tax liability dollar-for-dollar to the full amount of the credit or $0), with up to $1,400 refundable, which could increase the amount of your refund. The Credit for Other Dependents is nonrefundable only. 

Child Tax Credit

Chajek1047

Didnt check box

I never paid anyone for Dependant Care.  I don't know where the box is that is making me fill out Form.2441.

Zchild and Dependent Care Expenses.  I never paid anyone to care for my disabled son.

Where do I go to uncheck this box, so I can proceed with filing?