• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathies92503

Deduction for auto registration already added to business expenses, do i deduct again in Deductions and Credits section?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Deduction for auto registration already added to business expenses, do i deduct again in Deductions and Credits section?

The portion of your vehicle's registration or license fee that's based on the value of the vehicle is considered a personal property tax. You can enter this but only the portion that wasn't claimed as a percentage of business use. 

Example. If your vehicle registration was $100 and vehicle was used 75% for business, TurboTax will use $75 as the business expense. If your fee is a value-based, annual fee, you can manually enter the $25 in the Deductions and Credits section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

The portion of your vehicle's registration or license fee that's based on the value of the vehicle is considered a personal property tax. You can enter this but only the portion that wasn't claimed as a percentage of business use. 

Example. If your vehicle registration was $100 and vehicle was used 75% for business, TurboTax will use $75 as the business expense. If your fee is a value-based, annual fee, you can manually enter the $25 in the Deductions and Credits section.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v