Solved: Deduction for auto registration already added to business expenses, do i deduct again in Deductions and Credits section?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction for auto registration already added to business expenses, do i deduct again in Deductions and Credits section?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Deduction for auto registration already added to business expenses, do i deduct again in Deductions and Credits section?

The portion of your vehicle's registration or license fee that's based on the value of the vehicle is considered a personal property tax. You can enter this but only the portion that wasn't claimed as a percentage of business use. 

Example. If your vehicle registration was $100 and vehicle was used 75% for business, TurboTax will use $75 as the business expense. If your fee is a value-based, annual fee, you can manually enter the $25 in the Deductions and Credits section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The portion of your vehicle's registration or license fee that's based on the value of the vehicle is considered a personal property tax. You can enter this but only the portion that wasn't claimed as a percentage of business use. 

Example. If your vehicle registration was $100 and vehicle was used 75% for business, TurboTax will use $75 as the business expense. If your fee is a value-based, annual fee, you can manually enter the $25 in the Deductions and Credits section.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings