turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Where and how do you report or enter your DAF contribution in the TurboTax worksheet? Thx.
Benzy ‎Posted March 8, 2024 | Latest post 23m ago by PatriciaV
Per IRS, "You can choose whether to take the amount of any qualified foreign taxes paid or accrued during the year as a foreign tax credit or as an itemized deduction. You can change your choice for each year's taxes".I have $650 in foreign taxes pai... read more
JohnD425 ‎Posted March 23, 2023 | Latest post an hour ago by DMarkM1
My employer is taking 6.2% of social security wages in box 3 plus taking another 6.2% in box 7 which is tips. I'm trying to convince her that Social Security taxes withhold is only for box 3. It's showing I overpaid way too much, but she's telling me... read more
uniformgc1177 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by VolvoGirl
I have a client that purchased a RV to rent out but also use personally. He had a Hitch installed on his truck for the fifth wheel? My question is the hitch a depreciating item or just a normal expense
dlarzik ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by PatriciaV
I need a copy of 2022 w2 form for employment verification
neumangl ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by xmasbaby0
Greetings,I have one car and two businesses. Can I use standard mileage for one business and use actual expenses for the 2nd business?If so, why would I do this? Thanks,BK
BobK59 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 2 hours ago by Vanessa A
Bought a Chevy Bolt in Feb '23 and the tax credit is not appearing on my return, I don't owe anything but no refund either. Is there a CA credit as well?
jabingb ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DawnC
I don't recall seeing anything when I was doing my taxes and I've never heard of this credit until a friend told me this year.
jordygoneham ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DoninGA
wwood12 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by pk
TT shows that my home office deduction (~$200) exceeds my business income (~$100). Is this possible? I thought that allowable home office deduction for the current year is always adjusted to be less that business income for the current year. Am I doi... read more
jason1578 ‎Posted January 30, 2023 | Latest post yesterday by Terry65
Tax year 2023.  Where do you enter the foreign tax paid on a dividend?
m1wa1e2021 ‎Posted March 11, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by mlpinvestor
I paid personal property taxes on my vehicle to my local county government. Are these taxes deductible on my federal or virginia taxes?
betsy-leeman ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Opus 17
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies