Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

credit for 2017 overpayment of NYS taxes

I cannot locate where to enter my overpayment for 2017 NYS taxes credited to 2018

1 Reply
Level 15

credit for 2017 overpayment of NYS taxes

You need to go to the Federal Taxes section...that's where it is entered. 

(or the Personal taxes section if you are using Online SE or Desktop H&B software)


In the Deductions&Credits section.  ("I'll choose what I work on"...don't use the "Guide Me" )

Scroll down to the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section..

...go in on the "Other Income Taxes " line

look for the  "2017 refund applied to 2018 state taxes" line....Start there.