Anonymous78

Covid employment flat rate

When I enter the full amount for the covid flat rate employment deduction for working form home, which is 200 days or $400, my refund only goes up $125.92.  Without it I have a return for $318.59 so it gives me some but not all. That Amt is not explainable by comparing the return against the $318.59 one.  Can anyone explain why because customer service can’t and they won’t transfer me to anyone who can after 4 hrs of trying unless I pay for a tax expert. Terrible customer service. 

DaveF1006

Covid employment flat rate

It depends what your marginal tax rate is. If you can provide me with more information, this would be appreciable so I can better address your needs. So, I am going to put you to work so you can help me help you.

1. If using Turbo Tax online, log into your account.
  2. Go to tax tools>tools>view tax summary
  3. Assuming the deduction is in place, give me the line items on each of the lines of the summary.
  4. Now go back to your return and remove the deduction, give me the line items on the summary now.
  5. By comparing the two, I can answer your questi0on and prove that our customer service is the best once we have adequate information.
Anonymous78

Covid employment flat rate

I have done that with the CS agent and they can’t explain it and we can’t find the reason.  We couldn’t get it to take the $400 out unless we changed the days to 0.  Once I said yes it wouldn’t see me as ineligible. The only change is the $400 shows on the employment deductions line and the net income changes to $XX471.21 vs $XX071.21 on the other (Thats reflective on the other lines for taxable income, etc where that number is relevant)  Otherwise the statements are the same. Is there one specific line to look at?  I only have income, the covid flat rate employment deduction and the climate action incentive. Super simple tax input. So with the income and climate action incentive it’s the $318.59. But then with the employment deduction it only goes to $444.51 and there’s no line or change to account for only the $125.92 difference. 

Anonymous78

Covid employment flat rate

Hi. Just following up. Can you please provide more information to answer my question 

Anonymous78

Covid employment flat rate

See. Terrible customer service