smchieppa89

Claiming the full interest and tax amount of the entire loan amount or just the interest and tax paid in 2017

What loan?

What type of loan? A mortgage?
smchieppa89

Looks like I accidentally deleted part of my question - This is in reference to a home I purchased in 2017 so it would be a mortgage loan. Sorry about that

The answer below is correct.
smchieppa89

Okay so I have not received 1098 and I am asking if I should enter interest and taxes on entire loan amount OR just interest and taxes paid in 2017.........

Is this your first year of home ownership?  Banks and lenders have until the end of January/early February to send out your 1098.  WAIT for it or call the lender and ask when it will be ready.

Go to Federal> Deductions and Credits> Your Home to enter mortgage interest, property taxes, and loan origination fees (“points”) that you paid in 2017.  You should have a 1098 from your mortgage lender that shows this information.