Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Claiming a Tax Treaty Benefit - Income Resourced by Treat and Reduced Treaty Rate

How do you resource income (selection f) on form 1116 to another country? Then I want to make that same income exempt in the US? I understand separately 8833 must be filed which can't be done in Turbotax. I have seen similar questions on TT where the solution was to put a negative number of less common income but I don't see how that completes form 1116. 


Separately, how do you reduce the tax rate based on a treaty on dividends for example to 15%? Which screen can you enter that on?