Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Claiming a child he is 15 and live in the same house as me. They ask about insurance and does that include that child or just me?

When they ask for health insurance does that also include the child I am claiming?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
georgesT

Claiming a child he is 15 and live in the same house as me. They ask about insurance and does that include that child or just me?

Yes you will have to provide insurance information for you and any dependent you are claiming.

The requirement for having heath insurance apply to you and any dependent you are claiming in your taxes.

If your dependent did not have health insurance in 2017, you want to consider the cost benefit before claiming the dependent.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
georgesT

Yes you will have to provide insurance information for you and any dependent you are claiming.

The requirement for having heath insurance apply to you and any dependent you are claiming in your taxes.

If your dependent did not have health insurance in 2017, you want to consider the cost benefit before claiming the dependent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies