Jaha96

Child tax credit

Do I not receive the child tax credit if under my dependents the Credit for Other dependents is checked even if I receive the stimulus and taxes for the dependent in my care? 

Child tax credit

No you don't get it for Other Dependents.  Is the wrong box checked?  How old is your child?  Had to be UNDER 17 on Dec 31, 2020.  Or was he born in 2020?  You might have answered a question wrong.

Jaha96

Child tax credit

I feel like I should get it. She was born March 2020. I feel like it should have been checked for child tax credit . I file my taxes on here every year since 2018.

Jaha96

Child tax credit

Also would there be a way to correct it?

Jaha96

Child tax credit

When I go to amend it there isn’t an option for not eligible for employment  for me to check or anything that may change that particular issue. I’m pretty sure I’m doin it correct I used the steps from the article.

Jaha96

Child tax credit

Okay I seen the Option and it was already checked everything was entered correctly according to the article, entered initially. Do I’m still confused how I haven’t received it yet.