Solved: Child Tax credit

COTA

Child Tax credit

This year Turbo Tax is classifying my daughter as a credit for other dependent, instead of the Child Tax Credit.  She is turned 14 in May.  Why is this happening?  Why can not get the maximum $2000 credit instead of the $500 (other dependent)?

Thanks

COTA

Child Tax credit

Hi.  Thanks for the help.  I figured out I had check a box where you add the social security number.  The question about my daughter being able to have employment with her Social Security  Number.   It should have been left blank.  

Texas Roger

Child Tax credit

Check the date of her birthday that you entered. She should still make you eligible for the child tax credit until the year she turns 17. 

COTA

Child Tax credit