dwill72860

Can your personal property tax paid on your vehicles be deducted on your income tax return and if so where do you put it

Heather14

To enter your Personal Property Taxes paid (including on automobiles), you will follow the instructions below:

• Log in to your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in your TurboTax CD/Download program
  • Choose Take me to my return/Continue my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes, or Personal (if you are using TurboTax Home & Business)
  • Click on Deductions & Credits (Choose to Continue, and I'll choose what I will work on - if offered)
  • Locate Cars and Other Things You Own
  • Under Cars and Other Things You Own, locate Personal Property Taxes
  • Click to Start or Update and enter the information for your personal property taxes paid as prompted.