turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

collazojt

Can IRS resend the CP01A IP PIN to my home? We cannot file our taxes without it. We have been in the same house for 19 years so, there is no change. Who can help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can IRS resend the CP01A IP PIN to my home? We cannot file our taxes without it. We have been in the same house for 19 years so, there is no change. Who can help?

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Please go to this IRS webpage and see if you can retrieve your IP PIN online.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So Im having the same issue with the ip pin and ive had no luck retrieving it from the website because I have no current loans or major credit cards.  Should I just file electronically let it decline and then can I print and send it? We moved this year so im guessing the pin was returned to sender

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

The IP PIN is issued by the IRS only for your protection in efiling. If you do not have your IP PIN, and it cannot be retrieved from the IRS, you will have to print and mail your return. You can choose that option in the File menu of TurboTax.

Get an IP PIN

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies