Solved: Can I use the interest paid in 2018 on my home equity loan on my 2018 tax return if I purchased a car with that loan ?

843xsc

Can I use the interest paid in 2018 on my home equity loan on my 2018 tax return if I purchased a car with that loan ?

But the loan is a home equity loan that I have with a bank, except for me, nobody knows what I'm using the money for. There is no reference or record on the loan as to what I'm using the money for.

MichaelL1

The loan or line of credit must be used to buy, build or substantially improve your home. This is a new requirement for tax years 2018 through 2025.

MichaelL1