turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use my account to run a second tax return to estimate taxes for next year?

can I run a simulation of taxes after filing this years return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I use my account to run a second tax return to estimate taxes for next year?

NO ... do not mess with your ONLINE account.   But you can use the ESTIMATES section : 

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

With your tax return open, search for 1040-es (be sure to include the dash) and select the Jump to link.

1. Answer No to the question Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2020?
  2. Answer the questions about things like your 2020 filing status, income, and deductions.

Or you can set up a new account to test.  You don't have to pay unless you want to print it out.

How to start another return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies