turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DocTin

Can I use Its Deductible for 2019. I can not find it, How can I access it? I have used Turbo Tax for years, always had Its Deductible available What is the URL or where?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Can I use Its Deductible for 2019. I can not find it, How can I access it? I have used Turbo Tax for years, always had Its Deductible available What is the URL or where?

DocTin:

Yes, you can use ItsDeductible for 2019.  

I see you posted in another thread here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-are-you-using-mac-or-windows/...

That thread actually has to do with a known technical issue  for some folks who use the Mac desktop software.  You said there you are using Windows, but didn't describe your problem.

What exactly is your issue?  Are you trying to find the ItsDeductible website, so you can make entries for 2019 donations?   If so, here is the URL for the ItsDeductible website, where you can keep track of your donations throughout the year:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

Click on the box "Start ItsDeductible" to be taken to the ItsDeductible log-in screen.    If you log in with the correct User ID from previous years, you'll see your prior-year donations.   Choose the 2019 tab for your current-year donations.

You should be using the same User ID and password as your TurboTax account, so you can import ItsDeductible into your return when it's time to prepare your 2019 return next year.

If you are having any technical issue, you need to describe it fully.

I am having problem using Its Deductible for 2019.  I have used it before what changed ?

@ BenGSoriano wrote:

I am having problem using Its Deductible for 2019.  I have used it before what changed ?

It's hard to comment with no information.  "Having a problem" is too vague.   Can you ask a specific question about your situation with ItsDeductible?    What are you experiencing?  

Is your question about using the ItsDeductible website, importing ItsDeductible into TurboTax, or what?

What TurboTax product are you using, and if you're using desktop software, what OS--Windows or Mac?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! When I try to access ItsDeductible from TurboTax 2020 the screen comes up for me to enter my User ID and Password, but the screen if frozen and won't allow me to enter anything. Is there a fix for this? I'm running Win10.  Thank You.

@ njnlaucla81  wrote:

Help! When I try to access ItsDeductible from TurboTax 2020 the screen comes up for me to enter my User ID and Password, but the screen if frozen and won't allow me to enter anything. Is there a fix for this? I'm running Win10.  Thank You.

You didn't say if you are using the desktop software (CD/download) or the Online version of TurboTax (browser version.)   You mentioned the Windows 10 operating system, so I'll take a leap and assume you are referring to the TurboTax desktop software (CD/download) for Windows.  

Is your "frozen" screen a popup where you would normally have the data fields to enter the User ID and password to your Online ItsDeductible info?  And are those fields missing, and most of the popup is blank?

There is an invisible Google reCAPTCHA that operates that login screen, but you definitely should see the User ID and Password fields.   If you're getting a mostly blank screen, the missing elements are probably due to a Display setting in regards to scaling or screen resolution.   Try the scaling setting first as follows:

Go into Windows Settings> System>Display.

Check your scaling setting.  If you are using a high scaling, then try 100% instead.  Does that popup now have the User ID and password fields?

Or if that doesn't help, in that same display settings try a screen resolution of 800x600 to see if that makes any difference.

You can put those options back like you had them later.

If you were successful, which one worked for you--changing the scaling or the screen resolution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Meequitebean!

Thank you so much for the reply. You are correct I was using the desktop version. 

Q1. Is your "frozen" screen a popup where you would normally have the data fields to enter the User ID and password to your Online ItsDeductible info?  And are those fields missing, and most of the popup is blank?

A1. Yes and Yes

Q2. If you were successful, which one worked for you--changing the scaling or the screen resolution?

A2. Yes, It seemed that the issue was due to missing elements are probably due to a Display setting in regards to scaling or screen resolution. It took some effort but I was able to log in and complete the transaction. Which I don't really understand, but additional info, I have a new laptop and an additional monitor. The blank popup appeared on my laptop, but when I dragged it to by 2nd monitor I could see the login fields but still could not enter info. Regardless your 2nd suggestion worked! I've used the desktop version for years and have never had this issue before (using my old desktop with the 2nd monitor). The variable is the new laptop.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.  I'm glad it worked for you.   New computers and new laptops these days generally come with a high-resolution monitor.   I don't know why TurboTax has not programmed some popup screens to accommodate some current high screen resolutions.   This problem with a blank screen can also occur on the popup for the license activation code during installation and is similarly solved by an adjustment in scaling or screen resolution.

Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies