Can I take the cost of an electric stair lift and lift chair, if I have scrips for both?

terristurf

Melaine

Yes, any medical device, equipment, addition to home or supplements purchased at the request of a physician, via a prescription due to health reasons, can be deducted as a medical expense in the Turbo Tax program under deductions and credits.  Remember, the cost of permanent improvements that increase the value of your property may be partly included as a medical expense. The cost of the improvement is reduced by the increase in the value of your property.  To learn more, please see the Turbo Tax FAQ answer below.  On the IRS website link in the article, choose capital expenses for specific information on medical devices.