gobears

Can I indicate actual expenses for volunteer mileage rather than taking the standard $0.14 per mile deduction?

Leonard

Yes, you have two options :

• Take the standard mileage rate of $0.14 per mile that charities are allowed to reimburse volunteers.
  • Or you may deduct  "out of pocket" expenses incurred in providing donated services when you are not reimbursed for those expenses.

Leonard

Yes, you have two options :

gobears

There does not seem to be an “out of pocket” expenses option in the donation mileage section without reporting the # trips and miles per trip which then calculates the standard deduction. Any suggestions?
gobears

And if I try to report costs in "other travel costs", TurboTax still requires me to include miles per trip and number of trips or I cannot continue with the return.