wmcthunter

Can I get a deduction for sales taxes paid on my manufactured home purchase in AZ and residence is Colorado?

MargaretL

Well.. you can claim the sales tax that you paid in another state, the program will compute the deduction based on the general rate of your resident state, but whether you qualify for the deduction depends on many factors: if you itemize your deduction, if CO state income tax withheld is smaller or larger than the sale tax you are claiming. Once you enter the sales tax into the program, TurboTax will compute that for you and will "tell" you if you are better of deducting sales tax or your state income tax.

MargaretL