Solved: Can I deduct the fee for a tax appeal agent I used from the local property tax refund I received?

jequinn

Can I deduct the fee for a tax appeal agent I used from the local property tax refund I received?

CarolynM

Not unless the property was for your business.

Unfortunately, fees for legal and professional expenses that were once possible deductions are no longer eligible for deduction under the new tax laws. Previously, these fees may or may not have been allowed depending on if the services increased your income.  

For more information, follow this link: Misc Deductions 2018

CarolynM