teriley

Can I deduct the expense of moving my business

I incurred significant expense because of equipment rental and trucks required to move my business from one city to another. The distance between my old building and my new building is 31.5 miles. Does this mean that I can't deduct any of my moving expenses?

NickS

The cost of moving business equipment, supplies, and inventory from one business location to another is a deductible business expense, as are costs associated with the purchase or renting of a new location. Be sure to keep good records to substantiate all costs associated with this business move.

NickS