Kevlar2018

Can I deduct my mileage?

For work I used my personal vehicle, the majority of the job consisted of driving. They paid me 8.75 per hr of driving. For gas they took the miles you drove times 17 and the remaining number would be the amount of gas you were allowed in gallons. Can I still claim the miles I put on my car? I put over 5,000 miles on my personal vehicle for this job. 

Can I deduct my mileage?

If you are an employee who receives a W-2 for your wages, then you cannot claim any employee business expenses, including vehicle mileage, on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes for years 2018 thru 2025.

Can I deduct my mileage?

Are you a W-2 employee or an independent contractor?  If you get a W-2 you cannot deduct anything for mileage or job-related expenses on your federal return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

If you were an independent contractor then you can enter mileage on your Schedule C.