jlhigg

Can I claim tag registration on my travel trailer? I know I can claim our vehicles but I was wondering about the travel trailer.

DS30

It depends but you will only be able to claim a deduction for these tag registration fees if they are based on the value of the travel trailer (and only if paid during the tax year). Then these fees would be considered personal property taxes.

To enter your travel trailer personal property taxes in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab ("Personal" tab in TurboTax Home & Business)
  2. Next click on “Deductions and credits”
  3. Next click on "jump to full list" or “I’ll choose what I work on”
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Cars and Other Things You Own”
  5. Choose "show more", then Personal Property Taxes and follow the onscreen instructions

DS30