Lenardis88

Can I ammend now?

Do you know if you have already filed your taxes for 2020, before this new 10,200 tax dedication went into effect for unemployment, can you amend to get the credit? Of course I filed last week and now this is approved.

Can I ammend now?

You will have to amend the 2020 tax return for the unemployment exclusion, but not right now.

After the legislation has passed Congress and after the President has signed the legislation and after the IRS has written the rules, regulations and procedures.  And after the IRS has changed any forms or schedules to accept the tax code changes.  And after the IRS has approved the changes in the TurboTax program that apply to the tax code changes, then it will be available for the users of the tax preparation software.

This can take anywhere from several weeks to several months before it becomes available.

Can I ammend now?