itsmillertime89

Can I add money I spent on motels for work I have those statesments and can I add work related expenses such as tools, clothes, boots and also uber and lyft rides I have taken to and from work(employe

Marketstar

You can deduct motels for work related overnight travel.

Tools and boots (if required for your job) are deductible-the only clothes you can deduct are those that cannot be worn socially such as a work uniform.

Uber and Lyft rides to work and back home are considered commuting expenses, and are not deductible although travel expenses between work locations are deductible.

You can enter employee expenses in the below area:

·       Type in 2106 in the search box, top right of your screen

·       Hit the Enter key

·       Click jump to 2106 in the search results

·       Follow the prompts and online instructions:

Make sure you are past the blue Pick up where I left off button before you enter the above.