hall-maureenk

Can I add business expenses to my home based business without purchasing the self-employed software? I don't see any other option.

Ashby

No, you do have to upgrade to the self-employed version. The lower versions will allow for income from self-employment, but not expenses.

Carl

No, not with the online version. If you claim even one penny of business expense, you have no choice with the online version but to upgrade to the more costly Self-Employed flavor.
But with the CD version that you physically install on  your computer you can file the full SCH C and claim expenses on the Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business flavors.

You are required to claim all of your expenses.
Ashby