donnagates0828

Can anyone help!! So frustrated,, need to talk with someone. I have a green card, IM canadian, need to file a return since working and living in canada?

MinhT1

As a US resident, you have to file a US tax return and report your worldwide income.

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic.

Since you are a permanent US resident, you have to file a US tax return even if you did not live in the US in 2019.    You will get a deduction or credit for Canadian taxes you pay on the same income.  Any version of Turbotax Deluxe or higher can do this for you.

I don't know if there are any treaty exceptions for Canadian citizens since there is a US-Canada tax treaty.  You may want to ask an expert to be sure.