• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donnagates0828
Level 1

Can anyone help!! So frustrated,, need to talk with someone. I have a green card, IM canadian, need to file a return since working and living in canada?

2 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Can anyone help!! So frustrated,, need to talk with someone. I have a green card, IM canadian, need to file a return since working and living in canada?

As a US resident, you have to file a US tax return and report your worldwide income.

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Opus 17
Level 15

Since you are a permanent US resident, you have to file a US tax return even if you did not live in the US in 2019.    You will get a deduction or credit for Canadian taxes you pay on the same income.  Any version of Turbotax Deluxe or higher can do this for you.

I don't know if there are any treaty exceptions for Canadian citizens since there is a US-Canada tax treaty.  You may want to ask an expert to be sure.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings