Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
autumnjordan0801

Can anyone help me find more info about my missing payments for the child tax credit? I received julys. However i havent received augusts nor septembers

TurboTax has no involvement in the monthly child tax credit payments.  The IRS is sending out those payments by direct deposit or by mailed checks or cards.

This is a brand new system thrown together by the IRS after Congress changed tax laws in the middle of the tax season.  There are going to be bugs, glitches and mistakes made and folks will unfortunately have to be patient (or endure aggravation and inconsistency) until they sort it out.  

https://www.freep.com/story/money/personal-finance/susan-tompor/2021/09/17/child-tax-credit-septembe...

If you do not receive the monthly payments you will be able to get the CTC on your 2021 tax return.  Be aware that if you have an amended return pending in the system then your eligibility for the monthly payments is affected.

Mike9241

on CBS channel 2 Chicago there was a report that the IRS had messed up some of these payments. some were not sent out others were mailed when they should have been directly deposited. The IRS is working on fixing these issues.