turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Broker commission rebate.

I am a broker.  I offer my clients a commission rebate.  I understand they don't report is as income and i don't issue a 1099.  My question is where do I report the rebate on turbo tax?

I understand that the 1099 i get from the closer, or selling company may reflect may only reflect the commission i received and therefore i do not report the rebate on my taxes.

If the 1099 shows the total commission paid to me and not the rebate then where do i enter the rebate on my tax form

sorry long stuff to ask a simple question

Stay safe

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to deduct the amount of the rebate as a business expense (most likely on Schedule C if you file as a sole proprietor).

Refer to the thread below for more details, but the "Other expenses" category can be used for this purpose.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/is-a-commission-rebate-taxable-to-buyer-s-agent-m...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should be able to deduct the amount of the rebate as a business expense (most likely on Schedule C if you file as a sole proprietor).

Refer to the thread below for more details, but the "Other expenses" category can be used for this purpose.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/is-a-commission-rebate-taxable-to-buyer-s-agent-m...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies