jampharmd77

Being told I am better off taking the standard deduction as head of household $9,300 vs the itemized deductions I entered ~$7,900 but that's not including alimony $8,000

Melaine

As Lisa995 mentioned above itemized deductions will be better if your itemized deductions total $7900.  Remember, you do not have to itemized to claim the alimony paid.  This will be reported on line 31 a of your 1040 and will also reduce your taxable income, just as it would if you itemize.  Please see a snap shot below of where this is located on the 1040 form.

Lisa995

Alimony isn't part of itemized deductions...so it sounds like the standard is better.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Melaine