Solved: As an Uber driver can I deduct the dead miles from my home into the city and back home from the area in the city where they have Uber service available?

As an Uber driver can I deduct the dead miles from my home into the city and back home from the area in the city where they have Uber service available?

I have to drive thru a dead zone of 30 miles into the city before i enter Uber service area & then I have to pass back thru thru that dead zone of 30 miles to get back home. Can I deduct those 60 miles per day

You do not actually work until you get to the Uber service area and those 60 miles per day are considered as commuting miles and are not deductible.