thesehorns

As a professor, I buy many books at my own expense that are required for my job. Where do I deduct these?

CathiM

The easiest way to enter your job-related employee expenses:

1. In TurboTax, type 2106 (exactly like that) in the search bar at the top right of your screen and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results
  2. Enter your occupation and continue through the screens that don't apply to you
  3. Answer No on the screen Did you buy or own any items for use on your job?
  4. On the next screen answer no and continue through the next screen without adding your expense here
  5. On the next screen, enter the description and cost of your books 
  6. Continue through the screens until you get out

CathiM