sschinappi

Arizona State tax credit

I am itemizing by return and I contributed $900 to organizations that qualify for the state tax credit.  I included these contributions on the federal form.  Do I need to make an adjustment on the state form since it is a dollar for dollar credit?  

DaveF1006

Arizona State tax credit

Yes, you do need to make this adjustment.  As you prepare your Arizona state return, there will be a section that is entitled adjustment to state income tax deduction. Here is where you will enter $900. Here is a screenshot on what the screen looks like. Be sure to click on learn more to find out more details about this adjustment.

[Edited 02-25-2021|07:40 PM PST]

DaveF1006

Arizona State tax credit

[Edited 02-25-2021|07:40 PM PST]