ehwaz48

Are there any tax deductions or tax credits that I can take for providing care to my elderly non-dependent parents for 3 months time in lieu of them hiring outside help?

In 2019 I spent time, money and mileage caring for my elderly parents, one who was battling cancer over a 4 month period and the other who suffers with early Alzheimers.  I received no financial remuneration for this.
SusanY1

Unfortunately, there is not any sort of federal credit or deduction for providing this type of care.  

Sorry, there are no tax deductions for that sort of care for your aging  parents.  Unless you paid for over half their support, and they had such a small income that they could qualify as your dependents there is nothing you can deduct.  You just did the loving, kind, and generous thing one does when you need to for your parents.