turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Medical bills....So I have like 200k+ in medical bills and I was supposedly covered by Obamacare at the time, but they ended up not paying.can I list the amounts on here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

Medical bills....So I have like 200k+ in medical bills and I was supposedly covered by Obamacare at the time, but they ended up not paying.can I list the amounts on here?

You can claim medical expenses that you paid during 2016 for which you did not receive reimbursement.

Please note that only expenses paid, not expenses incurred, are deductible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyT

You can claim medical expenses that you paid during 2016 for which you did not receive reimbursement.

Please note that only expenses paid, not expenses incurred, are deductible.

All out of pocket medical expenses are deductible (after the percentage of income is deducted). Turbotax will do all the calculations.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies