turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Add property purchase

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Add property purchase

If this is for the business go to Asset/Depreciation by following  below:

Click on the Business tab at the top of your screen, Continue, I'll Choose What I Work On, find Business Income and Expenses, click on start or update, if you have already entered your business income and expenses click to Edit your business. This takes you to your businesses home page. On this page scroll down to Business Assets, click start or update. Follow the interview--

Add property purchase

It is not unfortunately.  We bought 3 acres to camp on.  I'd forgotten about it when I started up TurboTax when it asks what's changed.

Add property purchase

OK if not business, then it does not need to be entered on the tax return.  however any property taxes paid on it are a Sch A itemized deduction if you itemize and have not already exceeded the $10,000 cap this year.

Add property purchase

Well, I think I got it figured out and in the long run it doesn't really affect my taxes anyway 8O

Add property purchase

And I just read your response which totally explains now so my simple mind understands WHY it's not making a difference on my taxes 😄  THANK YOU!  I've been stressing over adding it!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies