turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smerf

Why am I being taxed on my HSA for which $5000 was contributed in previous years? All of it was used in 2017 as well as my contribution for 2017.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why am I being taxed on my HSA for which $5000 was contributed in previous years? All of it was used in 2017 as well as my contribution for 2017.

A 1099-SA shows the amount distributed from your Health Savings Account during the year and is included as income until you enter the information on how much you actually spent for medical expenses.

After you enter the associated medical expenses, this should resolve.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for how to accomplish this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3894040-where-do-i-enter-the-amount-for-1099-sa 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A 1099-SA shows the amount distributed from your Health Savings Account during the year and is included as income until you enter the information on how much you actually spent for medical expenses.

After you enter the associated medical expenses, this should resolve.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for how to accomplish this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3894040-where-do-i-enter-the-amount-for-1099-sa 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies