• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpaske
Level 1

2018 tax year to file, I only have 1099 income and want to deduct expenses related to my home office. What software do I need and how do I access/purchase?

Independent contractor.  May be eligible to itemize deductions also.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Critter
Level 15

2018 tax year to file, I only have 1099 income and want to deduct expenses related to my home office. What software do I need and how do I access/purchase?

You do NOT NOT NOT need the most expensive H&B version ... you can use the Deluxe instead. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JotikaT2
Expert Alumni

I have attached a link with instructions on how to obtain the 2018 program so you can prepare your 2018 tax return.

You will need the Home and Business version of the software so you can report your personal items as well as your business activity.

How to prepare a prior year tax return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Critter
Level 15

Critter
Level 15

You do NOT NOT NOT need the most expensive H&B version ... you can use the Deluxe instead. 

dpaske
Level 1

Thank you!

dpaske
Level 1

Thank you.

Can I fill out and file a Schedule C on the Deluxe version?

Critter
Level 15

Critter
Level 15

YES ... that is why I suggest it.

dpaske
Level 1

Thank you!

Critter
Level 15

Beware ... the program will SUGGEST upgrading to the H&B version but it is NOT REQUIRED ... be smart and say NO.

dpaske
Level 1

Thank you very much!!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v