dpaske

2018 tax year to file, I only have 1099 income and want to deduct expenses related to my home office. What software do I need and how do I access/purchase?

Independent contractor.  May be eligible to itemize deductions also.

You do NOT NOT NOT need the most expensive H&B version ... you can use the Deluxe instead. 

JotikaT2

I have attached a link with instructions on how to obtain the 2018 program so you can prepare your 2018 tax return.

You will need the Home and Business version of the software so you can report your personal items as well as your business activity.

How to prepare a prior year tax return

dpaske

Thank you!

dpaske

Thank you.

Can I fill out and file a Schedule C on the Deluxe version?

YES ... that is why I suggest it.

dpaske

Thank you!

Beware ... the program will SUGGEST upgrading to the H&B version but it is NOT REQUIRED ... be smart and say NO.

dpaske

Thank you very much!!