EarlyTaxFiler

1098 with mortgage origination amount of $0 as of 1/1/18. Turbotax error says "Outstanding mortgage principal must have a value". This is home equity loan I took out.

I am trying to figure out how I can add my home equity loan when Turbotax gives me an error and I'm unable to proceed...
gwendolynfleming

I was instructed by the Turbo Tax representative to put $1 in the box because I couldn't go forward without a number other than "0" in the box.  This worked. I put $1 in the box and the program moved forward and I was able to proceed with completing my taxes.