Qualified Small Business (QSB) stock describes a few specific stock types that come with special tax benefits.
The gain (or loss) from the sale of certain stocks may get special treatment depending on:
- The type of stock sold
- Whether the stock was sold at a gain or a loss
- Proceeds from the sale
The sale of your stock may qualify as a QSB if you:
- Bought stock in a small business when it was first issued
- Sold stock to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) or Eligible Worker-Owned Cooperative (EWOC) plan
- What are restricted stock units (RSUs) and how do I report them?
- How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?
- How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?
- Can I take the home office deduction?
- What's the difference between restricted stock and a restricted stock unit (RSU)?