What is the Maryland RELIEF Act and who is eligibl...

United States of AmericaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaEnglish CanadaFrançais
TurboTax Help
Intuit

What is the Maryland RELIEF Act and who is eligible to receive the Maryland state stimulus payment?

The Maryland Recovery for the Economy, Livelihoods, Industries, Entrepreneurs, and Families (RELIEF) Act provides aid to residents through a number of measures, including giving qualifying residents an economic impact payment (stimulus check).

How do I know if I qualify for a stimulus payment?

To qualify for a stimulus payment, you must have:

• A valid Social Security number
  • Received the Earned Income Credit (EIC) on your 2019 Maryland state tax return
    • Don’t know if you got the Maryland EIC? Check your 2019 Maryland return. Look for Form 502, page 2, Line 22. If there’s an amount listed, then you received credit.
    • If you’re not sure, you can check your eligibility and payment status on the Maryland Stimulus Portal.

How much will I receive?

The payment amount is based on your filing status from your 2019 return. If you meet the qualifications above on your 2019 Maryland state tax return, you should be eligible for:

• Individual: $300
  • Married filing jointly, Head of Household, Qualifying Widower: $500

How do I apply?

No application is required. If you filed a 2019 Maryland income tax return, the Comptroller will automatically determine your eligibility. If you didn’t file a 2019 Maryland tax return, your eligibility will be determined when you file your 2020 return.

When will I receive my check?

The Maryland Comptroller has announced in a news release that 98% payments will be processed by February 19th. The Maryland Comptroller will issue direct deposit payments to the account where you received your 2019 state tax refund or mail a check to your last address on record. If your bank does not accept a payment issued from the Marlyand Comptroller’s office, you will be sent a check.

For more information, visit the Maryland Comptroller’s RELIEF site.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post