turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get a 8879

company is doing an audit on health insurance and for verification purposes they need proof I filled my taxes through turbotax tax the first page isnt enough proof they are asking for an 8879, how do
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I get a 8879

An 8879 is only used by PAID tax preparers ... the TT program doesn't have it. Do you still have the email acceptance notice ? 

How do I get a 8879

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get a 8879

I sure you can legally refuse your company's request for your tax return or any part thereof.  what makes me very suspicious is their asking for a form that would only be used by paid preparers.    if you didn't use any software and mailed in your return, what could you provide them to prove you filed.   

they should have all the info they need your W-2 and their books and records.   say you paid  your health insurance personally but didn't itemize.   the only thing that  would be left is your insurance invoices and checks.   

personally I consider what they're asking to be an invasion of privacy.  note I am not a lawyer.  .    

hary7578

How do I get a 8879

How do I get a 8879 forms 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies