How do I deduct my contribution to my grandson's 529 plan on my Virginia State form?

Federal form says I don't need it and my state form won't let me put it in because it's not on my Federal form.

In order to include your contribution to your Grandson's 529 plan on your Virginia Tax Return, please follow these steps:

• Click "State" from the left side of your screen 
  • Click "Continue
  • Click "Start/Continue" next to Virginia
  • Continue walking through the TurboTax interview and hen you come to the page "Here's the income that Virginia handles differently
  • Scroll down to the "Education" section 
  • Scroll down and click "Start" next to "Virginia College Savings Prepaid Tuition (Sec 529 Plan)"
  • Click "Yes" I've had one of these plans
  • From here, walk through the TurboTax interview questions and input your 529 contribution amount

Please comment below if you run into any trouble and need further assistance.

You can only deduct your contributions if you are the owner of your grandson's plan.