pratico_timo

Working an internship this summer in a state different from my state of residency. Do I complete a state W4 for my state of residency, or the state I will be working in?

The two states do not have a reciprocal state tax agreement in place. 

I am claiming 0 exemptions and 0 withholding on my federal W4, if that changes anything as well. Just confused as to whether or not I complete state W4s for both my state of primary residency and the state I will be working in, or just one of the two. 

I am claiming the same amount of exemptions for both federal and state tax as well, so therefore, do I have to file the state withholding form at all?

Your employer will provide you with the correct state form to fill out for the state where you are working only  ... and you will need to file a non resident & resident state returns (complete them in that order in the TT program ) if you make enough to be required to file a state return.