louiserp62

Will you tell me where to enter Occupation tax as a deduction? IRS Publication 529 says "as a miscellaneous deduction subject to the 2% limit." On Schedule A line 24?

This article says enter it as a job-related expense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3812482-occupational-taxes-where-do-i-report

But that's not what this IRS publication says on page 5:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p529.pdf

macuser_22

Solved in comments

macuser_22

Enter exactly as you first link said.    It says the same thing.

(It actually goes on line 21, line 24 it the total of all miscellaneous deductions).
louiserp62

Oh, I was actually looking at Schedule A Miscellaneous Deductions Worksheet. I put it on line 7 of that, which ends up on line 21 of Schedule A. Thanks for the direction!
macuser_22

Solved in comments