Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

besicarl

Why was I asked and charged for a State of Florida return? Florida does not have a State Income Tax requirement.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnR1

Why was I asked and charged for a State of Florida return? Florida does not have a State Income Tax requirement.

The Florida return in TurboTax,Tangible Personal Property tax return (Form DR-405), is designed to report tangible personal property used in connection with a business or rental real estate located in Florida. You do not need to file that return if you do not own a Florida-located business or, or have a rental property with assets.

If you are not required to file the return, you can delete a state return in TurboTax Online, as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version).

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, "How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?":

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

View solution in original post

4 Replies
besicarl

The tangible personal property tax return(Form DR-405) has never applied to me and this is the first time it has since I starting using Turbo Tax 4/5 years ago. No explanation is given with reference to this new requirement by Turbo Tax with respect to who must complete it and who are not required to. This action is very upsetting to this long time Turbo Tax customer who depends on your integrity. I pray you will remedy this situation for me and the others who were scammed by your actions. Thank you. Ben Carlton, Ph.D.
besicarl

PS: I have never qualified for "tangible personal property used in connection with a business or rental real estate" in Florida or any other state.
besicarl

I can not delete my "Florida" return as I was required to pay for it at the time of filing. Ben Carlton, Ph.D
JohnR1

The Florida return in TurboTax,Tangible Personal Property tax return (Form DR-405), is designed to report tangible personal property used in connection with a business or rental real estate located in Florida. You do not need to file that return if you do not own a Florida-located business or, or have a rental property with assets.

If you are not required to file the return, you can delete a state return in TurboTax Online, as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version).

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, "How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?":

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies